From this week now, in our Sofia Bike Rental shop you can find a children bicycle for rent. It has front suspension, colorful frame and is suitable for kids of age from nine to eleven. That way even they young ones can enjoy the green face of Sofia!
The clocks have gone forward, the weather is improving (well, slightly) and we’re speeding our way towards summer time. With the cold, dark nights behind us, there’s more reason than ever to climb back on your bike.
photo: Sofia Bike Rental
Here are 10 fantastic reasons to get out and ride:
1. Cycling makes you feel good Yep, pedaling around on your bike triggers the release of endorphins, your body’s very own feel-good drug.
2. Feeling lonely? Cycle clubs welcome new members with open arms, and going along on a ‘club ride’ is a great way to make new friends in your area.
3. Cycling is free. OK, we know bikes aren’t, but once you’ve got one, it costs nothing to ride.
4. Cycling saves money Commuting by bike will save you serious amounts of cash, which we’re putting in our summer holiday kitty.
5. Cycling makes your smile Does going to the gym do that? We very much doubt it.
6. Feeling out of shape? Cycling is a fantastic way of burning fat.You can blast through around 500 calories an hour when riding at a brisk pace. We like to replace those calories with cake, but that’s just us.
7. See the world from a new perspective. Cycling is the best way to get out and explore your area, or a new one for that matter!
8. Cycling is easy on your joints. It’s far lower impact than running, and provides a great cardio workout.
9. Cycling decreases the risk of breast cancer. Well, OK, any moderate exercise for 30 minutes daily can have the same effect, but we’re all about the bike here, naturally!
10. Cycling is an efficient use of your time. Don’t waste time travelling to the gym – from the minute you step out of your door, to the second you return, as long as you’re pedaling, you’re working out.
Hopefully that’s convinced you. Now, adios, we’re going cycling. :)
by Total women cycling
Традиционното велошествие през месец май ще ни зарадва на 30 май, начален час 18:00 часа, Южен парк, централен вход при бул. „Витоша“. Маршрутът ще е надалеко, а финалът ще е нависоко – покрива на „Сердика център“ , a маршрутът e:
->бул. „Витоша“ - бул. „Пенчо Славейков“ – бул. „България“ - бул. „Евлоги и Христо Георгиеви“ (велоалеята) - ул. „Оборище“ - ул. „Черковна“ - ул. „Попова шапка“ - край – Търговски център „Сердика Център“;
Каним всички велосипедисти за 16-та поредна година да превземат софийскитеулици – с желание за по-велосипеден, по-безопасен и по-хубав град.
Финалът на шествието ще бъде и финал на кампанията „До работа с колело“. Тогава „Велоеволюция“ ще отличи най-работещите велосипедисти – тези, които документираха своите велосипедни дни в месеца за ходене на работа с колело. Наградите са предоставени от Магазин „Стената“.
И тъй като „бъдещето е в ръцете на младите“, мисията на събитието ни този път е и благотворителна. Всеки който желае може да ни помогне да съберем средства за изработването и поставянето на вело-стойки в училища в града ни.
Събитието е организирано от сдружение "Велоеволюция"
Присъеденете се към събитието тук
Sofia Bike Rental have a new location in the heart of Sofia.
Just show up on 6-ti Septemvri str. 19 (between: Ivan Vazov str. and Slavyanska str.)
Sofia Bike rental place is open 7 days a week from 10:00 (10AM) to 18:00 (6PM)
Feel Free in Sofia! Explore Bulgarian capital on a bicycle!
Location on the Google maps:
Вижте Sofia Bike Rental на по-голяма карта
Prepare yourself for the biking tour. Put on comfortable shoes, comfortable pants with narrow legs. Dress in several layers of clothing in order to adjust your body temperature and to prevent sweating. If you wear a hat, it would be better if it’s not a decorative one so it won’t fly away :) Our advice is to wear a small bag in which to keep all your things during the tour. Always check the weather before you depart. The weather in Sofia is usually mild; however, it can change drastically depending on the season. Also consider bringing along a beverage to keep yourself hydrated during your journey.
Get a map to help you along your way. You can find a map at the Sofia Convention and Visitors Bureau or ask for a free map from the place of your stay. If you do go without a map, you can rely on street signs and helpful tips from strangers along your way. Before you go out, take a brochure from your hotel with it’s address, in case you get lost, so you can ask someone to direct you.
- Never leave your bike not locked, even just "for few minutes"!
- When you park the bike, always choose a busy of people place.
- Look around for video security camera systems and try to be in their coverage.
- Try to lock the bicycle on the Bike parking place. Make sure that the racks are strong fixed and stable.
- Lock your bicycle through the frame, the rear wheel and the bicycle parking rack all together.
- Make sure that you are not forgetting anything on the bicycle, that could be stolen.
- Never leave your bike parked on the street at night! Ask if bicycle can be parked inside the hotel or hostel where you are staying and lock it just in case.
Basic cycling safety tips into the cities. Observing the specified rules will ensure your safety.
1. OBEY THE TRAFFIC SIGNS AND SIGNALS – Bikers must ride like the other vehicles if they are to be taken seriously by the other participants in the traffic.
2. NEVER RIDE AGAINST THE TRAFFIC – Drivers aren’t looking for bikers riding on the wrong side of the road. State law and common sense require that bikers ride like other vehicles.
3. DON’T WEAVE BETWEEN PARKED CARS – Don’t ride between parked cars and the sidewalk unless they are far apart.
4. FOLLOW THE LANE MARKINGS – Don’t turn from the left to the right lane. Don’t go straight in a lane marked “right-turn only.”
5. DON’T PASS ON THE RIGHT – Motorists may not look for or see a bicycle passing on the right. Learn to scan the road behind you while riding.
6. SCAN THE ROAD BEHIND – Learn to look back over your shoulder without losing your balance or swerving. Some riders use rear-view mirrors.
7. KEEP BOTH HANDS READY TO BRAKE – You may not stop in time if you brake with one hand only. Allow extra distance for stopping in the rain, since breaks are less efficient when the road is wet.
8. DRESS APPROPRIATELY – In rain wear a poncho or a waterproof suit. Dress in layers so you can adjust to the temperature changes. Wear bright colored clothing.
9. NEVER RIDE WITH HEADPHONES; Never wear headphones while riding a bike.
10. HAND SIGNALS – Hand signals tell motorists and pedestrians what you intend to do.
11. RIDE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE IN SLOW TRAFFIC – Get in the middle of the lane at busy intersections and whenever you are moving with the same speed as the traffic.
12. CHOOSE THE BEST WAY TO TURN LEFT – You have 2 Choices: (1) Like a car: signal with your left hand and turn left. (2) Like a pedestrian: ride straight to the far side of the crosswalk and walk your bike across.
13. MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH THE DRIVERS – Assume that the other drivers don’t see you, until you are sure that they do. Not having and eye contact with the driver might pose a threat to your safety.
14. AVOID ROAD HAZARDS – Watch out for sewer grates, gravel, ice, or debris. Cross railroad tracks at the right angle.
15. BICYCLE IS NOT A TOY WHEN YOU ARE ON THE ROAD – Accept the cycling ride like driving a vehicle. Be serious and tolerant on the road. Do not do tricks or jumps on the road.
“Sofia Bike” предлага чудесна възможност да избягате от негативната енергия, причинена от задръствания и търсене на свободното място за паркиране в Софийския център. Със сигурност сте имали моменти, когато отчаяно, дори по няколко часа, сте обикаляли всички възможни улички из центъра на София, с малката надежда да ви провърви и все някъде да има свободно място за паркиране? Но уви, много пъти се е налагало да паркирате автомобила си много далеч, ядосани от загубеното време, толкова, че чак да се откажете от колата си завинаги? Дори и да ви провърви, и хоп, са ви сложили скоба, защото сте закъснели с плащането само с 5 минути… Познато ли ви е?... Въпросът е как точно да се избавите от тази негативна енергия и какво е решението?
Рецептата е много проста: